China Internship Program: Engineering Internships in China
Beijing Construction Engineering Group is made up of over 57 sub companies located in china. In their portfolio are: construction, real estate development industry, in architecture, design, construction and scientific research, equipment installation, decoration, municipal road and bridge, environmental protection, energy efficiency, logistics and distribution. They look to recruit fresh talents willing to work with their teams for real experience.
- Provide support to the Project Mmanager, Superintendent, and other project staff
- Build relationships and communicate with owners, design partners, subcontractors, & workforce
- Review shop drawing, submittals and schedules, and process RFIs
- Assist with implementing and monitoring the quality control, safety and environment programs
- Assist with project layout
- Assist with all schedule preparations & updates, identify critical work items, and prepare long-lead items
- Assist with monthly billings, cashflow projections, and process change orders
- Assist with quantity reporting, project costing, and forecasting
- Manage document control including submittals schedules, contract documents, shop drawings, etc.
- Assist with delivery, inventory, and warehouseing of materials and equipment
- Resolve field problems and conflicts, liaise with subcontractors, suppliers, and workforce
- Maintaining as-built drawings & manuals
- Assist with project closeout
- Attend and/or lead meetings
- Other duties as appropriately assigned
- Currently possess a degree related to the construction industry, or expect to graduate in 2016
- Possess a basic knowledge of construction specifications, methods and procedures.
- Ability to apply basic engineering principles to construction challenges.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite (AutoCADD/MicroStation is a plus).
- Preferred Skills: Leadership, initiative, problem-solving, customer service, and communication.
- Previous construction internship or co-op work experience is a plus.