Summer and Winter Investment Analyst & Financial Consulting Internship - Shanghai
Investment Analyst & Financial Consulting Internship
About our Partner Organization
Our Client is a Shanghai-based research and strategic consulting firm, focusing on China’s investment management industry. We are currently accepting applications for the position of Spring Interns and Summer Interns.
Working with them means extensive hands-on experience in China’s financial services industry. Interns will be provided the opportunity to work with colleagues from several divisions within the firm: 1) Research, 2) Consulting, and 3) Investment Solutions. Interns are a valued part of the team and are invited to partake in training sessions on current issues impacting China’s financial markets, and their impact on our analyses and recommendations. Although this is an unpaid program, participants will be afforded the opportunity to develop their professional network in Shanghai; by the end of their internship, individuals will have garnered a strong foundation and understanding of China’s capital markets, investors and major players.
Dual fluency in Mandarin and English is strongly preferred, but not a requirement. The intern must be able to work in a multi-cultural, fast-paced environment, but more importantly, must show proactive willingness to problem-solve and volunteer ideas & solutions. At the conclusion of the program, internship certificate will be issued if it is required.
- Research and analyze important industry, capital market and regulatory trends
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative research initiatives to support internal or external deliverables
- Work creatively and independently to produce high-quality output, under the general guidance of senior staff members
- Conduct prospecting and schedule calls to huge global financial institutions with fortune 500 resources and support
- Contribute to corporate due diligence process
- Create company and key investment personnel dossiers
- Develop information bulletins and materials
- General Excel, PowerPoint, and Word tasks
- Coordination of high-level meetings between staff and external clients
- Undergraduates with strong academic credentials
- Background or interest in investment management, finance, or economics
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Physical availability to work in Shanghai, fulltime
- MS Office skills
Interns are required to work for at least three months approximately 10~13 weeks, Monday to Friday from 9:00 am to 5:30 pm